The journal «Proceedings of Voronezh State University. Series: Chemistry. Biology. Pharmacy» accepts to publication materials containing the results of original research, completed in the form of full articles, short reports, and reviews (in agreement with the editors). Published materials, as well as materials submitted for publication in other journals, are not accepted for consideration.
To publish an article, authors should submit the following materials and documents to the editors:
1) the text of the article in Russian or English, in accordance with the requirements below, signed by all authors, UDC, tables, figures and signatures (2 copies);
2) title of the article, abstract, key words, initials and surname of authors, place of work – in Russian and English languages (2 copies);
3) files of all submitted materials on electronic media or by e-mail of the editorial office;
4) information about the authors: their positions, academic degrees, telephones and e-mail addresses (in Russian and English).
5) expert opinion, direction of the organization.
The articles sent to the editorial board are subject to review and, in case of a positive review, scientific and control editing.
An article sent to the author for revision should be returned in corrected form (in 2 copies) together with its original version as soon as possible. To the revised manuscript it is necessary to attach a letter from the authors, containing answers to all the comments and explaining all the changes made in the article. An article detained for more than three months or requiring recycling is considered as newly received.
The fee for the publication of articles is not charged.
The publication of full articles, shot reports and reviews begins with the UDC index, followed by the title of the article, the initials and surnames of the authors, the expanded names of the scientific institutions. Next is the date of receipt of the material in the editorial office, then annotations and keywords – in Russian and English.
The Editorial Board recommends authors to structure the presented material using subheadings: INTRODUCTION, METHODS, DISCUSSION OF THE RESULTS, CONCLUSION, REFERENCES.
An example is given on the site of the journal http://www.vestnik.vsu.ru/content/chembio/rules_ru.asp
Information about authors (place of work, surname, initials, position, contact details – in Russian and English) is placed at the end of the article.
The list of literature is compiled according to the citation order and is given at the end of the article. References to the literature are given in the text in square brackets.
After the list of literature is a table with information about authors in 2 columns with a hidden grid.
Figures and tables are placed at the end of the article on separate pages.
The article must be submitted in accordance with the following requirements:
Manuscripts should be provided in the format doc or rtf
The length of the article together with the text, figures, tables and lists of literature should not exceed 20 A4 pages, except for reviews and short messages (up to 5 pages).
The article should be written succinctly, neatly framed and carefully edited.
Font type Times New Roman.
The font size is 14 pixels.
The indent of the first line is 1.25; line spacing 1.5 pt.
Page parameters: top field – 2.5, bottom – 2.5, left – 3, right – 2.5.
All pages of the manuscript, including a list of literature, tables, signatures to drawings, drawings should be numbered.
Subheadings inside the article are highlighted in bold.
The text should not contain automatic hyphens and forced hyphens placed manually.
Do not use footnotes.
Articles should be carefully verified by the authors for spelling, grammatical, punctuation and semantic errors.
Figures and tables are placed at the end of the article on separate pages.
Equations, figures, tables and references to literature are numbered in the order in which they are mentioned in the text.
The format of the figure should ensure the clarity of the transmission of all the details. The inscriptions in the figures are given in Russian or English; the dimension of the values on the coordinate axes is usually indicated by a comma (for example, U, B; t, c). The caption must be self-sufficient, without appeal to the text.
Halftone photographs (used only when absolutely necessary) are presented on white glossy paper (2 copies), photocopies are not accepted.
• the width of the drawing is 80 mm or 160 mm, the height of the drawing is from 60 to 150 mm, the signatures to the axes should be legible, the recommended font for the signatures of the axes and curves is Times new Roman, font size 11 pt.
• the same type of curves must be made on the same scale.
• for bitmap images it is necessary to use the TIF format with a resolution of 600 dpi, shades of gray 8 bit;
• for photographs, you must use TIF format with a resolution of at least 600 dpi;
• the use of the built-in Word editor for drawing lines, arrows, etc. is excluded;
• the use of a "frame" for inserting pictures or signatures to them is excluded;
• the use of grid lines when plotting charts is excluded;
• the curves in the figures are numbered with Arabic numerals, which are decoded in the signatures to the figures;
• it is recommended that several scales be used to combine different curves into one figure;
• bringing structural and other formulas in the drawings is not desirable;
• figures must be signed and numbered according to the order of the mention in the text of the article.
Design of tables:
• tables should have headings and sequence numbers, which are referenced in the text;
• font text in the tables – Times new Roman, font size – 14 pt.
• tables are part of the text and should not be created as graphic objects.
• greek letters must be typed in Word by Insert → Symbol;
• formulas in the text should be typed using the standard Microsoft Equation or Math Type program;
• chemical formulas are created in the Chem Draw program;
• formulas in the text are numbered according to the order of mentioning in the text of the article;
• decimal fractions (0.1, 0.9, 2.3) must be written through a point;
• throughout the article it is necessary to adhere to a single system of symbols and abbreviations with their initial explanation. For chemical compounds, the IUPAC terminology should be used;
• to designate physical quantities and indices, Latin is recommended (Russian notation is not desirable). Indices and exponents should be located at exactly the required places.
• the dimension is given preferably in accordance with the International System of units (SI).
Requirements for the abstract
The abstract should be informative (not contain general words), meaningful (reflect the main content of the article, describe the main goals and methods of research, summarize the most important research results and their scientific significance), structured (follow the logic of the article).
The abstract should be detailed and detailed (average volume – 250-300 words, but it is possible and more). Abstract in English should be written in a competent language using a special English-language terminology.
List of literature / References
• The list of all literature used in the article is given in Russian LIST OF LITERATURE and in the Latin REFERENCES (sources in English, French, German and other languages – in the original, Russian sources need to be transliterated (see below)). LIST OF LITERATURE and REFERENCES – two separate sections of the article
• For automatic transliteration into the Latin alphabet, it is recommended to contact the website http://translit.ru (transliteration standard - BSI; setting before transliteration).
• References to sources in the list of literature used are numbered consecutively, in the order of their first mention in the text.
• References in the text, tables and signatures to the figures are indicated by Arabic numerals [in square brackets] and, if necessary, a specific page / page is indicated.
• The recommended number of references in the literature list is at least 20, mainly from the international Scopus databases and the Web of Science Core Collection, as well as from the RINC core.
Examples of the list of references are given on the journal's website: http://www.vestnik.vsu.ru/content/chembio/rules_en.asp
Information about authors
The following data for all authors should be attached on a separate sheet: surname, first name and patronymic (in full), scientific degree, scientific title, place of work and position, telephone number, e-mail address with a note of the author responsible for correspondence * with mandatory translation into English language.
An example of registration of information about authors is given on the journal's website: http://www.vestnik.vsu.ru/content/chembio/rules_en.asp
After making up the article, the article is sent to the authors for proofreading and should be sent to the editorial office no more than five days. In the author's proof only corrections of mistakes made while typing are allowed, and minor changes in the text and tables.
The material is submitted to the Editor:
Russia, 394018, Voronezh, Universitetskaya Sq., 1, cab. 64, Voronezh State University, Medical and Biological Faculty, Editorial Board of the «Proceedings of Voronezh State University. Series: Chemistry. Biology. Pharmacy», responsible. to the secretary M.G. Kholyavka.
To attention of nonresident authors! Articles sent by post office to a valuable parcel will not be accepted for printing. Articles should be sent by simple letter.