The journal «Proceedings of VSU. Series: Linguistics and Intercultural Communication» follows ethical standards listed below.
Ethical Obligations of the Editorial Board
- – The editorial board shall guarantee confidentiality of any information relevant for reviewing and publishing of the manuscript.
- – The editorial board shall inform the author(s) about all stages of manuscript reviewing and publishing.
- – The editorial board shall not publish manuscripts containing plagiarism or falsified research data.
- – The editorial board shall inform the readers about financial support of the research project if the author provides such information.
Ethical Obligations of Authors:
- – An author's central obligation is to present an accurate account of the research together with an objective discussion of its significance.
- – A submitted manuscript shall contain detailed reference to publications mentioned in the text. The submitted manuscript shall not contain plagiarized material or falsified research data.
- – It is unethical for an author to submit for review more than one paper describing the same research or project to more than one journal for primary publication.
- – An author should follow guidelines and requirements for formatting and styling the paper (see below).
Ethical Obligations of Reviewers
- – Unpublished information in a submitted manuscript is the intellectual property of the author. If a reviewer has convincing evidence that a manuscript contains plagiarized material or falsified research data, or evidence of simultaneous submission, the reviewer shall notify the editorial board.
- – A reviewer shall objectively judge the quality of a manuscript on its own merit. Personal criticism is never appropriate.
All reviews are strictly confidential. The editorial board shall disclose no information about a paper under consideration to anyone other than those from whom professional advice regarding the publication is sought.